Camber Corporation Information Systems Security Officer-17216 in Washington, District Of Columbia
Huntington Ingalls Industries - Mission Driven Innovative Solutions provides mission-critical engineering and technical service to Information Technology, Federal Civilian, and National Security, Aerospace & Defense and International government and commercial customers at over 100 locations worldwide.
HII-Mission Driven Innovative Solutions is currently seeking a Information Systems Security Officer to work out of their Washington, DC office.
The following statements of duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of all personnel within this position. Actual duties and responsibilities may vary depending upon assignments and other factors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Supports multiple programs administering the information assurance duties as the information systems security officer for information systems processing. Will coordinate duties with the information system owner, senior information security officer, systems administrator and/or information technology staff, and other identified staff to ensure all Judiciary Information Security Framework requirements are implemented and functional. Will assist SDSO system owners with the preparation of security related documentation. Will conduct and document technical and non-technical reviews and audits as prescribed by the senior information security officer. Will conduct risk assessments based on results from technical and non-technical reviews and will assist the senior information security officer with plans of action and milestone (POA&M) management. Will assist the senior information security officer with security alert management. Will assist the senior information security officer with regular reporting requirements to the authorizing official.
Qualification and Experience:
• Experience with implementing “Guide for Applying the Risk Management Framework to Federal Information Systems: a Security Life Cycle Approach” (NIST SP 800-37 Rev1)
• Experience with the NIST, “Security and Privacy Controls for Federal Information Systems and Organizations” (NIST 800-53 Rev4) and a deep understanding of how to evaluate potential control implementations for organizational conformance.
• Experience implementing Federal government security requirements to include technical computer/network system auditing (“Technical Guide to Information Security Testing and Assessment” (NIST SP 800-115)).
• Experience developing System Security Plans (SSPs) (“Guide for Developing Security Plans for Federal Information Systems” (NIST SP 800-18 Rev 1) and all supporting assessment and authorization documentation such as contingency plans (“Contingency Planning Guide for Federal Information Systems” (SP 800-34 Rev1)), incident response plans (“Computer Security Incident Handling Guide” (SP 800-61 Rev2)) , security assessment plans/security assessment reports (“Assessing Security and Privacy Controls in Federal Information Systems and Organizations: Building Effective Assessment Plans” (SP 800-53A Rev4), security impact analyses (“Guide for Security Focused Configuration Management of Information Systems” (SP 800-128), and POA&Ms.
• Experience with analyzing vulnerability and penetration testing reports to develop and manage POA&Ms to include risk calculations (“Guide for Conducting Risk Assessments” (SP 800-30 Rev1)).
• Must be a self-starter capable of multitasking and efficiently managing time in a dynamic environment while requiring minimal levels of supervision.
• Effective writing, speaking, analytical, and outstanding customer service skills.
• Knowledge of computer forensics tools and investigative methodologies.
• Knowledge in Microsoft Server and Linux operating systems.
• Knowledge of Active Directory principles.
• Knowledge of Digital Identity management principles and methods.
• Knowledge of Federal information security considerations as they pertain to cloud computing. Specifically, experience with FedRAMP and Microsoft Office 365 is desired.
• Enterprise Solutions, Storage & Databases: advanced understanding of relational database, database management systems, enterprise storage solutions, and security concerns specific to these technologies
ISC2 Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
High School with 10 years of directly related experience or BS degree in an information systems/technology related field with 5 years of directly related experience.
• Judiciary Information Security Framework experience.
• Technical writing.
• Experience with the Cyber Security Assessment and Management (CSAM) application or other equivalent governance, risk, and compliance tool (e.g., Xacta, eMASS, Archer, etc.).
All candidates will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and drug screening per HII requirements.
HII Mission Driven Innovative Solutions (HII-MIS), is a subsidiary of Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII); a Fortune 500 company that employs more than 39,000 employees worldwide, with annual revenues of $7.5 billion (2017). HII-MIS executes a number of successful, innovative, and mission–driven contracts throughout the DoD, the IC, and other Federal and State agencies.
HII-MIS excels at working with our Government customers who undertake ambitious efforts to modernize their capabilities to deal with today’s dynamic environments. We offer innovation, technology, experience, and success assisting our customers migrate to new paradigms of operational achievement, while efficiently managing risk. We bring understanding and expertise; developing and integrating strategic talent to optimize our workforce and drive integration of new and emerging technologies to enhance program performance. Overall, more than 1,600 HII-MIS professionals deliver ISO 9001:2008-certified and CMMI ML3 high-value solutions to customers worldwide.
HII-MIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/AA Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled