Camber Corporation Senior Database Programmer / Analyst - 17494 in San Mateo, California
HII – Mission Driven Innovative Solutions Inc. (HII-MIS) provides mission-critical engineering and technical service to Information Technology, Federal Civilian, and National Security, Aerospace & Defense and International government and commercial customers at over 100 locations worldwide.
HII - MIS is currently seeking a Senior Database Programmer/Analyst to work out of their San Mateo, CA office.
Duties and Responsibilities (to include but not be limited to the following):
Under general direction, designs, implements and maintains complex databases with respect to JCL, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
Include maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, and integration of systems through database design
Competent to work at the highest level of all phases of database management.
Qualifications and Experience:
A minimum of 10 years of experience with strong knowledge of several of the following skillsets:
• SQL, PL/SQL (experience including but not limited to the creation of packages, procedures, tables views, functions, etc)
• Star and Snow Flake Schema in First, Second and Third normal form
• Build/maintain efficient database tables structure for both transactional and warehouse data
• PL/SQL tuning including knowledge of Explain Plans AWR, ASH and TKPROF
• Oracle partitioning practices and data archival structures and processes
• Oracle (11g and 12c)
• SQL Developer, TOAD, ERWIN
• Experience developing/tuning Oracle for use with Micro-Strategy, Standard Web Design and Responsive WebDesign
• Automated Testing Tools & Dev Ops
• MS Office Suite
Working knowledge of one of more of the following qualifications:
• Ability to translate business requirements to database structure
• Ability to communicate a database design to development staff
• Knowledge/experience with Agile Methodologies
• Ability to prepare cost estimates
• Knowledge/experience of SDLC practices
• Strong facilitation skills to effectively lead discussions across multiple groups
• Change Management and Configuration Management (VersionOne, ServiceNow, etc)
• Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
• Capacity Planning
- A degree from an accredited College/University in the applicable field of services is preferred
Must be able to obtain and keep a USPS Sensitive Clearance.
Must be a U.S. Citizen and have been living in the U.S. for at least the last five years.
Must not have traveled outside of the United States for more than 180 days in the last five years.
All candidates will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and drug screening per HII requirements
HII Mission Driven Innovative Solutions (HII-MIS), is a subsidiary of Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII); a Fortune 500 company that employs more than 39,000 employees worldwide, with annual revenues of $7.5 billion (2017). HII-MIS executes a number of successful, innovative, and mission–driven contracts throughout the DoD, the IC, and other Federal and State agencies.
HII-MIS excels at working with our Government customers who undertake ambitious efforts to modernize their capabilities to deal with today’s dynamic environments. We offer innovation, technology, experience, and success assisting our customers migrate to new paradigms of operational achievement, while efficiently managing risk. We bring understanding and expertise; developing and integrating strategic talent to optimize our workforce and drive integration of new and emerging technologies to enhance program performance. Overall, more than 1,600 HII-MIS professionals deliver ISO 9001:2008-certified and CMMI ML3 high-value solutions to customers worldwide.
HII-MIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/AA Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled