Camber Corporation Lessons Learned Program Specialist - SOUTHCOM J7 - 17383 in Miami, Florida
HII-Mission Driven Innovative Solutions, Inc. (HII-MIS)provides mission-critical engineering and technical service to Information Technology, Federal Civilian, and National Security, Aerospace & Defense and International government and commercial customers at over 100 locations worldwide.
HII-MIS is currently seeking a Lessons Learned Program Specialist onsite to work out of SOUTHCOM.
Duties and Responsibilities (to include but not limited to)
• Lessons Learned Program Expertise - The contractor shall provide lessons learned expertise in support of operations and Joint training events, exercises, and experiments.
• The contractor shall provide support to USSOUTHCOM’s Joint Lesson Learned Program (JLLP) Program Manager and the command’s lessons learned working group (LLWG). Support will include but not limited to developing draft schedules, briefings, and information papers; conducting briefings and analysis on past events; facilitating after action reviews (AAR); tracking current issues and issue resolution status; support DOD-wide lessons learned program integration; exercise planning conferences and exercise execution; and lessons learned associated with wargames as appropriate. The contractor shall also support the development, implementation and execution of a process to collect, analyze and distribute observations, findings and issues within the command and the overall JLLP. The contractor shall update observations and findings from operations, training events, exercises, and experiments during the contract period of performance.
• Lessons Learned Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) - The contractor shall review current USSOUTHCOM program policies and procedures and identify/provide recommended changes to the command JLLP policies and procedures as related to CJCSI 3150.25 series, Joint Lessons Learned Program. The contractor shall develop a program of action and milestones (POA&M) and submit to the JLL Program Manager for approval and implementation.
• JLLP POA&M - The POA&M shall include a section listing recommended actions to improve interoperability between Command/Service lessons learned programs and the Joint Lessons Learned Program. The contractor shall provide a draft process to collect, analyze, and share interoperability issues among the Joint and Service lessons learned community. The contractor shall prepare and produce draft findings from the JLLP that may be used for the Joint Requirements Oversight Council (JROC), Command Integrated Priority List (IPL), or the Joint Quarterly Readiness Review (JQRR) processes. The contractor shall provide an update to the process - including conducting research and satisfying requests for information - to develop, implement, and execute the Command knowledge management system. The process update shall describe the integration of the particular Command knowledge management system with the community of practice to include the evolving JLLP knowledge management system (i.e., Joint Lessons Learned Information System, JLLIS). This process update shall be included as a section of the POA&M.
• Candidate may be required to travel. Travel will be reimbursed in accordance with the Joint Travel Regulations (JTR).
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university or Graduation from a military command and staff college plus 10 years of task related experience (5 of which earned as O-4 or above) OR a combination of 15 years of military operational experience (5 of which earned as O-5 or above).
Operational experience includes planning and executing combined and joint operations at the theater or component level, experience with the Joint Training System, Knowledge of SOF and combat arms experience, all source intelligence analysis, logistics, civil-military operations, and site’s area of responsibility or functional area and task related experience.
Joint Staff planning experience, especially HQ USSOUTHCOM staff preferred; experience with Joint Lessons Learned program directives and Joint Lessons Learned Information System (JLLIS) preferred.
Active Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility.
All candidates will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and drug screening per HII requirements.
The selected applicants will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
HII Mission Driven Innovative Solutions (HII-MIS), is a subsidiary of Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII); a Fortune 500 company that employs more than 39,000 employees worldwide, with annual revenues of $7.5 billion (2017). HII-MIS executes a number of successful, innovative, and mission–driven contracts throughout the DoD, the IC, and other Federal and State agencies.
HII-MIS excels at working with our Government customers who undertake ambitious efforts to modernize their capabilities to deal with today’s dynamic environments. We offer innovation, technology, experience, and success assisting our customers migrate to new paradigms of operational achievement, while efficiently managing risk. We bring understanding and expertise; developing and integrating strategic talent to optimize our workforce and drive integration of new and emerging technologies to enhance program performance. Overall, more than 1,600 HII-MIS professionals deliver ISO 9001:2008-certified and CMMI ML3 high-value solutions to customers worldwide.
HII-MIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/AA Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled